Have you ever wanted your SMS or Call Logs to suddenly disappear? No, right? I and you can understand how important they are to us. Today, in this article, I will tell you How To Backup And Restore SMS And Call Logs easily.
By the way, all people love their data. But for some people, their SMS and call history matters a lot. Therefore, before you lose your SMS and Call Logs by any accident, make a backup of it. Once you have created a backup for your SMS and call logs, you can restore them back whenever you want.
So before making a backup, learn how SMS and Call logs are backed up and restored. We have provided the complete guide to backup and restore SMS and call logs on Android smartphones in 5 easy steps. Just follow the simple steps below and get your call logs and messages.
How To Backup and Restore SMS and Call Logs?
What is the benefit of creating a backup in mobile? Unfortunately, if your phone gets lost or gets damaged, then it means that all your data is lost. So to avoid this problem, I am going to tell you how to create a backup for messages and call logs, and how to restore it.
Do you know, the Android Oreo (8.1) update came recently in Xiaomi Mi A1in which many users claim that all their messages were deleted after updating it? Yes, friends, this incident did not happen with only those people, but this has happened to me too. It is thankful that there were no important messages. Otherwise, I too would have lost my important messages.
This is the reason why I have come with this information so that you do not have to lose your messages like me, So let’s know step-by-step how to backup and restore SMS and Call Logs.
Download SMS Backup & Restore (Free)
- First of all, go to the Google Play Store of the Smartphone.
- Then download and install the free version of SMS Backup & Restore created by SyncTech Pty Ltd.
Setup SMS Backup & Restore App
In this step, I am going to tell you how to set it up so that this app can take automatic backup of all your SMS.
- As for setting up every app, we have to open it. Open this app in the same way.
- As soon as you open the app, you will see the GET STARTED button. Tap on it.
- Now, this app will ask you for some permissions. Allow all those permissions so that this app can take Automatic Online SMS Backup of your phone.
- As soon as you allow the permissions, you will see the option of SETUP A BACKUP. Tap on this button.
Create Backup On Google Drive
By now you have downloaded the app and set it up too. Now we will know how to create an online SMS backup on Google Drive. So, understand all the screenshots closely and create SMS and Calls Backup.
- First of all, make sure what things you want to create a backup for. Like only Messages or Calls or both? I would recommend that you choose both.
- Now, you will be asked where do you want to make a backup of your SMS and Calls. For example, in Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or Phone? If my opinion is to be considered, then Google Drive will be a better option for you.
- As soon as you select the option of Google Drive, you will be asked to log in. So simply press the LOG IN button.
- If you have two accounts logged in Smartphone then you have to select an account that you want to use for creating a backup. Now, tap on OK to proceed with the selected Google Account.
- Now you have to tap the ALLOW button shown in this screenshot. After this, select the folder in which you want to store SMS Backup.
I am asking you to create a separate folder so that you can easily select the files while restoring. Follow the steps below to create a folder.
Create SMS and Call Backup Folder
For this, you will be seeing the option of Folder in the screenshot above. As soon as you go to that option you will see the above Screenshot from where you have to select Create folder and name that new folder. Select “OK” to save the folder.
Now tap on USE THIS FOLDER to select that folder. Now all your SMS and Calls Backup Files will be saved in that folder only. After doing this, you can save the data.
Start Online SMS Backup Process
After doing all the setup, now it is our turn to back up some data! So let’s also see how Automatic SMS and Call Backup is turned on.
According to the previous screenshot, as soon as you press the Save button, a prompt will open in which it will be written that all your 30 days old SMS and Calls Backup will be deleted. Select “Yes“.
Now you can schedule the backup process. This means that Daily Automatic Backup will be created according to your chosen time. After setting a time by selecting the option of Daily, Weekly, or Hourly, press the button of BACK UP NOW.
Finally, now all the Calls and SMS on your mobile will start backing up. After some time you will see that all your Backups have been completed!
NOTE: In case the backup is failing, you will have to make some changes in the settings of this app. For this, you go to Settings ->Backup settings of this app and disable Over Wi-Fi.
Restore SMS and Call Backups
Now we are carefree. Because unfortunately if now our SMS and Call History are also deleted then it does not matter, we can bring them back whenever we want. So let’s know how to restore deleted SMS and Call logs.
- First of all, you have to go to the options on your app and select Restore.
- After that choose the location of your SMS and Call logs Backup Files from where you want to restore. For example, we created a Backup in Google Drive so we’ll choose that one!
- Now you have to decide what things you want to restore. In this case, choose both SMS and Call logs.
- After doing this, click on the button of Restore. Now you will see that this app will ask you for permission to make some changes in the settings.
- This app will ask you to make it the Default Messaging App temporarily, because, it is necessary. Select “Yes“.
- After giving permission to Default SMS, you will see that SMS and Call Backup Restore will start. In just a few seconds it will also be completed.
Transfer Restored SMS and Calls
Do you have another Smartphone? And do you want to transfer all the backed-up SMS and Call Logs to that Smartphone? It is possible.
So let’s know how to send backup files to another mobile.
- Here you have to go to the Options and choose the Transfer option.
- After that, you have to decide you want to send the backups to which mobile? For example, if you want to transfer from your phone to another phone, then select SEND FROM THIS PHONE.
- If you want to transfer from another phone to your phone then select RECEIVE ON THIS PHONE.
- Now you have to enable your phone’s Wi-Fi. After this, another phone will appear on your mobile screen. Select that phone to send the files easily.
In this way, you can easily create a backup of SMS and Call logs of any Android Phones and you can restore them too.
You already know that there is no guarantee when and whose mobile gets damaged or lost. But the most important thing to note is that we do not lose our important data. So to be careful, it is wise to create a backup of all these beforehand. You are requested to make a backup of your Messages and Call logs immediately now.
If you have any questions related to this information in your mind, then feel free to ask in the comments. If you liked this post, then don’t forget to share. Stay connected with Janta Yojana to get more informative posts.