Digital Desk, New Delhi. Preparations are in full swing for the assembly elections to be held in five states. Meanwhile, the Election Commission has announced the dates for the elections of five states. Providing complete information about election related program Chief Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra has reached Vigyan Bhawan along with two other Election Commissioners. where he interacts with the media.
Big things of Chief Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra
- The results of the elections of the five states will come on March 10
- Elections to be held in Manipur in two phases
- Elections in Punjab and Uttarakhand will be held in a single phase
- First phase will start in UP from February 10
- Elections to five states will be held in seven phases
- Ban on candidates’ padyatra, cycle and bike rally and road show, the ban will continue till January 15
- Exemption for candidates to spend up to 40 lakh rupees
- The Election Commission team will go to the homes of Kovid affected people. Postal ballot will come under the supervision of the video team
- Candidates will also be able to do online nomination in view of Corona, convenience app designed for political parties
- Know your candidate will get complete information about the candidates on the app
- More than 2 lakh 15 thousand polling stations will be built
- Only women employees will be posted at 1629 polling stations.
- There will be 16 percent more polling stations than in the last election
- 18.34 crore voters will be part of this election
- Elections are constantly being affected due to Corona. It is a big challenge to conduct safe elections in such an environment.
According to reports, it is being estimated that 7-8 elections can be held in UP, 2 in Uttarakhand, 2-3 phases in Punjab, Manipur and Goa in one phase. Let us tell you that before the announcement of the dates, the Election Commission discussed the Kovid situation with the Ministry of Health, and security related to the Ministry of Home Affairs. The commission took advice from the Ministry of Health on the latest situation of corona, vaccination related information as well as the director of ICMR and AIIMS. The Election Commission held a meeting with many responsible officials, in which it was discussed about how the elections could be conducted safely in the midst of the third wave of the Corona era. Which is also a challenge.
The dates are going to be announced at a time when Kovid is spreading as a third wave in the country due to the increasing cases of corona in the country. As far as the possibilities are being expressed, the Election Commission may ban large rallies, yatras and public meetings. The Election Commission can issue many instructions today, from campaigning to voting and results, to deal with the Corona situation.
state wise assembly seat
In Uttar Pradesh where 403 seats
40 assembly seats in Goa
Assembly on 117 seats in Punjab
70 assembly seats in Uttarakhand
60 assembly seats in Manipur
Every party has given its life for the elections. With the announcement of the dates today, the model code of conduct will be implemented in all these states.
Stay Tuned to Janta Yojana for more Latest & Breaking Indian News.