Death toll in Delhi’s Mundka fire rises to 27. Death toll in Delhi’s Mundka fire rises to 27

Digital Desk, New Delhi. A massive fire broke out in a three-storey building in Mundka area of ​​the national capital on Friday afternoon, killing 27 people.

Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain told reporters after visiting the building, “So far 27 bodies have been removed from the building and the operation is still on.” While Deputy Commissioner of Police Sameer Sharma said, more than 50 employees and workers have been reportedly evacuated while rescue teams have recovered 26 bodies so far. Many people have been injured.

Delhi Fire Service chief Atul Garg told IANS that he got information about the incident at 4 pm. 10 fire tenders were immediately pressed into service from a building located near pillar number 544 in Mundka, West Delhi. According to the visuals released from the spot, black smoke was seen coming out of the unlucky three-storey building. Firefighters used firefighters’ ladders to reach the maximum possible height to sprinkle water on the fire. The fire is yet to be brought under control till the time of writing this report.

Meanwhile, DCP Sharma said that he too got a call about the incident at 4.45 pm. After which the local police reached the spot. Sharma said, the police officials broke the windows of the building and rescued several inmates, who were taken to the hospital. All the injured have been admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital in West Delhi. Another fire brigade official present on the spot said that at present the capacity of Sanjay Gandhi Hospital is full and if more injured persons are found, they will be shifted to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital.

Based on preliminary inquiries, the police said that it was a three-storey commercial building, which was used to provide office space to companies. The fire first started on the first floor of the building, which houses a company that manufactures CCTV and routers. The police have taken the owner of the company into custody and his history is being probed. The rescue work is still on.

Must Check  Lashkar terrorist's aide arrested from Baramulla Lashkar terrorist's aid arrested from Jammu and Kashmir's Baramulla

The police have detained the owner of the company, who has been identified as Harish Goyal and Varun Goel. In a rescue operation video accessed by IANS, people can be seen coming out of the window with the help of ropes and ladders placed on top of a truck to reach the height of the window. When the fire broke out, some people jumped from the building to save themselves and got injured, a fire brigade official said. Then he was immediately taken to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital. Local people told that about 150 people used to work in this building.

Disclaimer: This is a news published directly from IANS News Feed. With this, the team of has not done any editing of any kind. In such a situation, any responsibility regarding the related news will be of the news agency itself.

Stay Tuned to Janta Yojana for more Latest & Breaking Indian News.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.