How to Apply for Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana: Due to the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown, lakhs of people have lost their jobs and have become unemployed. In such a situation, the Central Government and ESIC (Employees State Insurance Corporation) together have come up with Atal Bimit Vyakti Yojana.
Under this scheme, the Central Government will give money to the unemployed people for two years on its behalf. ESIC has announced via Twitter to give financial assistance to people in case of job loss. There are some eligibility conditions that need to be fulfilled to get financial assistance.
In this post, we will tell you what are the conditions and qualifications required for Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Scheme. Also, learn how can you register for this scheme ( Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana Registration ) and take advantage of it.
What is Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana?
ESIC has given information about the Atal Bimit Vyakti Yojana via their official Twitter account. According to this scheme, if your current job is lost due to any reason, then you will be given money by the central government for the next 24 months.
However, the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation has clearly explained the meaning of job loss in its tweet. According to ESIC “Loss of employment does not mean loss of income, ESIC pays monthly cash amount for a period of 24 months in case of permanent disablement due to involuntary loss of employment or non-employment injury”.
The meaning of this tweet is that only due to a decrease or loss in your income, you will not be able to take advantage of Atal Bimit Vyakti Yojana. Only such persons whose job has been lost suddenly and they used to make a living from that job. Each person can avail of the benefit of this scheme only once.
Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana Scheme Overview
|Name of the scheme||Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana|
|Department||ESIC ( Employees State Insurance Corporation )
Department of Ministry and Labour
|Launched by||Central Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||Employees covered under ESI Act 1948|
|Benefit||Financial assistance of 24 months from the government in case of employment|
|The objective of the scheme||To provide financial assistance to unemployed|
Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana Eligibility
ESIC has already started this scheme for the employees registered with the corporation. ESIC was working on this scheme since 2018. To take advantage of this scheme, a person must comply with the conditions given below.
- The individual has contributed to the ESIC account for at least 78 days.
- Applicant must be unemployed at the time of applying.
- The applicant should have done the job validly for at least 6 months.
- Your bank account and Aadhaar details should be linked with the ESIC account. The amount of Atal Bimit Vyakti Yojana will be directly transferred to the beneficiary’s account.
Who Is Ineligible For Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Scheme?
- A person on whom a criminal case is registered.
- If the person has voluntarily resigned from the job.
- If an employee has been fired from the job for wrong conduct or fraud.
You can get more information by visiting the ESIC website.
How To Apply For Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana Online
- To apply for the Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan scheme, you must first download the application form of this scheme from the official website of ESIC, www.esic.nic.in.
- You can download the application form from the website address given above. Download Atal Bimit Vyakti Yojana Application Form
- In this form, both the parts AB-1 and AB-2 have to be filled and submitted to the nearest ESIC office.
- The AB-2 part of the application form will have to be signed and certified by your old employer.
- Along with the application form, a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.20 has to be submitted attested by a notary.
We hope you got the complete details about the Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana scheme here. This scheme is of great help to those people who have lost their employment due to pandemics and other reasons. Download the form now and apply for this scheme to get financial assistance from the government. If you still have any doubts, feel free to ask us in the comments. Keep connected with Janta Yojana for more useful schemes and updates.