Do you want to know how to backup photos and videos in Google Photos? If yes, then stay tuned with us in this post. Today we will talk about how to backup photos and videos and also know why is it important to create a backup for photos.
Creating a backup for photos, videos, and other important files is crucial. If in case, you ever lost your mobile or the photos are deleted accidentally, then you can easily get them back if you have created a backup. Therefore, it will be useful for you in the future if you create a backup for photos.
Knowing this you will be free from the fear of losing your photos and videos. Now you will not be afraid of losing your photos and videos due to mobile failure. There are some other simple steps that you have to follow thor this. To know how to backup photos and videos, read below.
How To Backup Photos and Videos in Google Photos
If you want to know about the complete steps, then do not skip a single step. Try to understand this post from beginning to end. In this post, I won’t take much time to tell you. So let’s quickly know how to create an online backup for photos on Google Drive or Google Photos.
Go to Google Photos
The best and most trusted friend is our Google and so is Google Photos for our videos and photos backup. By the way, Google Photos is already present in all Android phones. If you already have it on your phone that’s great! However, if not, do the following:
- First, go to the Google Play Store.
- After that search for Google Photos and then install it.
Create Photo Backup
In the first step, we have downloaded Google Photos. After this, in this step, you will learn to back up photos and videos in Google Photos.
- Open Google Photos. As soon as you open Google Photos, you will see a screenshot like this.
- Just turn on the “Back up & sync” option and tap on the CONFIRM button.
- Now your gallery of photos and videos will open here.
- You don’t have to do anything now. You’re just done!
If you are already using Google Photos and the option of Automatic Backup is not on, then you can turn it on like this:
- First, open the Google Photos app on your phone.
- Now, tap on the profile at the top-right.
- Select “Photos Settings” from here.
- Tap on “Backup & sync” and turn on the option.
- Your Automatic Photo Backup is now on!
After doing this, whenever you take a new photo from your mobile, it will be automatically saved online. But for this, you should know some important settings.
How to Create Manual Photo Backup
If you want to create a backup of a particular photo, then you can take a manual backup.
- If you want to create a manual backup of any photo, then first open that photo.
- After that, touch the Three Dots Icon in the top right.
- Now you will see an option of Back up now at the bottom.
- Just tap on it. Now your photo will be backed up.
How to Get Unlimited Storage
Google Photos is the only cloud storage service where you are given Unlimited Space. But there is a condition for this because Unlimited Space is not for your Original Photos/Videos. For this, you will get 15GB of storage space.
But this is not the case with High-Quality Images. In this option, you will get Free Unlimited Storage.
- High-Quality Image: This means compressing the size of the photo and reducing it.
- For Unlimited Free Space, keep in mind that you have selected the right option in the setting.
- For this option, first of all, go to Google Photos Settings ->Upload Size and select the option of High quality.
Now take advantage of Unlimited Free Storage without worrying.
Google Photos Useful Settings
Here I will tell you 2 useful settings in Google Photos. Knowing whom you will be in profit.
By the way, the Automatic Backup of Camera Folder is taken in Google Photos. But to back up other folders, you have to keep this option on so that it can take automatic backup of your favorite folders too. Follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the Settings of Google Photos. Then select the Device folders option from there.
- Now turn on the folder for which you want to create an Automatic Backup.
Mobile Data Backup
This is a very important option. It is selected for Wi-Fi or Mobile Data. If you do not want your mobile data to be spent in the backup process, then follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings of Google Photos and turn on Mobile data backup.
- If you want to back up your videos by spending mobile data, turn this on.
- If you don’t want to backup photos by spending mobile data, then turn it off.
Now you know all the necessary settings to Google Photos.
Finally, we hope that you got to know how to create a backup for photos and videos on Google Photos easily. Now you can rest assured about the fear of losing your photos and don’t have to move the memory card over and over again to keep your important photos safe. If you have any questions, then please drop them in the comments box. Keep visiting Janta Yojana for more useful guides.