Don’t know how to do the Aadhar Card link with mobile number? Well, you came to the right place. If you are confused about all this mobile-Aadhar link and how to do it, this guide will help you out.
Aadhar Card is the most important and basic identity proof that shows you are a legal resident of India. Nowadays, linking your Aadhar card with a mobile number has become very mandatory. If not, you will face many difficulties.
For example, if you want to update your Aadhar card, make corrections, or complete the biometric, a mobile number should be linked. Even if you have already linked your mobile number and now want to change to a different number, you can use the following methods.
How To Link Mobile Number With Aadhar Card
Basically, there are different possible ways that are used for linking the mobile number with the Aadhar card. Here are the available methods for the mobile-Aadhar link.
- Visiting the nearest Aadhar Enrolment Center.
- Using Interactive Voice Response(IVR) IVR
- Visiting the Telecom operator website online or store.
|Link/Update/Verify Mobile Number||Visit the nearest Aadhar Enrolment Center|
|Toll-free Number for IVR||14546|
|Check registered mobile number||www.uidai.gov.in|
|Verify Aadhar-Mobile link status||Using the URN|
Documents Required For Aadhar Card Link With Mobile Number
While going for an Aadhar-Mobile link, make sure to bring along your original or xerox copy of your Aadhar Card with you. You may also have to pay a little amount for the procedure, so take care of that.
|Aadhar-Mobile Link Method||Documents Required||Fee|
|Aadhar Enrolment Center||Original Aadhar Card||Rs.50|
|Visiting SIM Card Store||Xerox copy of Aadhar Card||Rs.10 or Nothing|
|IVR(Interactive Voice Response)||Aadhar Card Number||None|
Steps For New SIM Card Users To Link Aadhar
If you are going to buy a New SIM Card, you can just forget about the methods given above. You can directly visit the SIM card operator’s store and complete your Aadhar authentication. Here are the steps that need to be followed while buying a new SIM card.
- Go to the SIM card operator store like Vi, Airtel, Jio, etc.
- Provide a photocopy(xerox) of your Aadhar card.
- They will ask for your biometric details such as a fingerprint.
- Complete the biometric authentication and get your SIM.
- The SIM will activate within 2-12 hours.
This is how to link Aadhar Card with mobile number easily. But, if you want to link your Aadhar to an existing mobile number then the details are below. Not only that, if you have linked an Aadhar to the mobile number and now want to link the number with a different Aadhar, that is also possible.
Aadhar Enrolment Centre For Aadhar Card Link With Mobile Number
This is the best and easiest method trusted by a lot of Indians. You have to visit the nearest Aadhar enrolment center for your area. Each area or municipality has its Aadhar Enrolment Center. You can check the Aadhar enrolment center for your area on the official site of UIADI.
- Firstly, visit the nearest Aadhar enrolment center. Make sure to carry your original Aadhar card with you.
- Request the desk operator over there to provide a form for the mobile-Aadhar link. The application fee will be Rs.50.
- Fill the application form correctly and enter your mobile number for the Aadhar registration.
- Now, stand in a long queue(truly very long) and wait for your number.
- The officer will do the needed process and you will receive a URN(Unique Request Number) on your mobile phone.
- You can use this URN to check the status of your Aadhar-mobile link. When the mobile number is linked successfully, you can check it using the URN.
How To Link Mobile Number With Aadhar Card Through OTP
If you have an existing mobile number that needs to be linked with an Aadhar card, this is the simplest way. You must use both online and offline methods for verifying your Aadhar. For linking through OTP, the users will get a One Time Password(OTP) that has to be provided before it expires.
Link Aadhar Card Through OTP Offline
Firstly, you have to complete the Aadhar link by visiting the store. Then you can reverify it online. Make sure to bring your mobile phone with the needed SIM card in it. The OTP has to be provided on time for Aadhar linking.
- Visit the SIM card operator store nearby. If you have a Jio SIM, make sure to go to the Jio operating store.
- Tell them that you want to link your Aadhar to the mobile number.
- When they ask to give the number, provide the mobile number correctly.
- They will do what needs to be done and you will receive an OTP.
- Show this OTP to the store executive immediately.
- Then, you have to give your fingerprints for biometric authentication.
- Once the process is done, a confirmation message will be sent to your number within 24 hours.
- Reply to this message with “Y” to complete the e-KYC successfully.
Link Aadhar Card Through OTP Online
This method of Aadhar card link with mobile number is used for re-verifying the linkage. You must have completed the e-KYC offline to link your Aadhar card through OTP online. If you want to know how to link mobile number with Aadhar card online, follow these simple steps.
- Open Chrome or any other browser on your smartphone or computer.
- Now, go to the official site of your Telecom operator.
- Provide your mobile number that has to be linked, verified, or re-verified with Aadhar.
- You will receive an OTP on the given mobile number. Enter this OTP in the field and select the “Submit” button.
- A new page will appear on the screen. Here, you have to enter your Aadhar card number carefully.
- The Telecom operator site will again send an OTP to your number.
- You have to check all your details carefully, such as your name, photo, date of birth details.
- Also, check if the mobile number is correct or not. Accept all the terms and conditions and enter the OTP.
- Once you enter the OTP, the Aadhar link will be re-verified successfully.
Steps To Link Aadhar Card With Mobile Number Using IVR
This is also an offline method. Though this method is not mandatory anymore, you can still go for re-verification using the IVR process. Note that the mobile number can only be re-verified for the Aadhar number using the Interactive Voice Response method. Follow the steps given below for this method.
- Firstly, turn on your phone and dial the toll-free number 14546.
- Now, hear the voice carefully and verify whether you are an Indian resident or NRI.
- You have to press 1 if you are a resident of India to re-verify the Aadhar.
- Next, you have to enter the 12-digit Aadhar card number. Press 1 to confirm.
- Then, enter your mobile number registered with Aadhar.
- Your mobile number will receive an OTP in an SMS.
- Allow your Telecom operator to access your personal details, such as name, DOB, and photo from the UIDAI database.
- Once you have given your consent, enter the OTP. Press 1 to complete the re-verification.
That was all about how to link your Aadhaar Card with your mobile number successfully. The simplest method is to go to the nearest Aadhar Enrolment Centre in your area. Make sure to bring along your Aadhar original card and wait patiently to complete the registration. Keep visiting Janta Yojana if you want to get more useful and informative guides.