How to Lock and Unlock Aadhaar Card with SMS service? As we all know that Aadhaar card has become such a document that is needed from opening an account in the bank to buying a SIM. Today there will be hardly any government work in which the Aadhaar Number is not required. Aadhaar Card is such a document in which the personal information of a person is present.
This is the reason why the Aadhaar card is used in most places to prove identity. Many times the data gets leaked due to some reason of the people, due to which the possibility of loss increases. Keeping this problem in mind, the Unique Identification Authority of India ( UIDAI) has released a feature through which Aadhaar card users will be able to lock and unlock their Aadhaar Numbers.
Through this feature, users will be able to keep their data safe. To date, you must have heard cases of fraud from Aadhaar many times, but after the introduction of this feature, you will be able to avoid forgery from Aadhaar to a great extent. So, make use of this feature & lock and unlock Aadhaar Card easily to protect your data.
How to Lock and Unlock Aadhaar Card
To put a lock on your Aadhaar, it is very important to have a mobile number registered on it, without a registered mobile number, you cannot apply a lock. Even today there are many users whose mobile number is not linked with Aadhaar.
In such a situation, if your mobile number is not even registered, then first of all you have to register your number by going to Aadhaar Center. Let us tell you that there is no online way to register the number in Aadhaar, you will have to go to the Aadhaar center only.
We would suggest that you should get the number registered to take advantage of many services related to Aadhaar. It charges only 50 rupees. You can get the mobile number registered from any of your nearest Aadhaar Center. So after the number is registered, the information about how to lock and unlock the Aadhaar card is given below.
How To Lock Aadhaar Card
By the way, there are many ways to lock the Aadhaar card, in which the main method is from the official website of UIDAI. But here we are telling you the easiest way to lock Aadhaar card through SMS. For this, you have to send SMS from your registered mobile number to 1947 number.
First of all, you have to generate a Virtual ID, for this follow the steps given below.
- For this, send GVID<SPACE>Aadhaar-Number-Last-4-Digits (Example – GVID 1234) to 1947 from your registered mobile number.
- With this, you will get a 16-digit Virtual ID of your Aadhaar, which will be used to unlock the Aadhaar, keep it note down somewhere.
Now follow these steps to lock the Aadhaar.
- To lock the Aadhaar number, the cardholder has to send an SMS to 1947 by writing GETOTP<SPACE>Aadhaar NUMBER-Last-4-Digits (Example – GETOTP 1234).
- After this, a 6 digit OTP will come on the cardholder’s phone.
- After receiving the OTP, the cardholder will have to send the message to 1947 again by typing LOCKUID<SPACE>Aadhaar NUMBER-last 4-digits<SPACE>OTP-6-digits (Example – LOCKUID 1234 123456). Now after this the number will be locked.
How To Unlock Aadhaar Card
For this, you just need to send two messages. In this you will need a virtual ID and how to generate it, you can see above in this post.
- First of all, send GETOTP<SPACE>Virtual-ID-last-6-digits (Example GETOTP 123456) to 1947 from your registered mobile number
- After the OTP is received, send UNLOCKUID<SPACE>Virtual-ID-last-6-digits<SPACE>OTP-6-digits (eg UNLOCKUID 123456 123456) to the number 1947 from the back. With this, your Aadhaar Card will be unlocked.
What is Aadhaar Card Lock and Unlock?
When you make a new Aadhaar, information from your name to your eyes and fingerprints is saved in it. This is your personal data in a way that UIDAI stores on its servers. Whenever your Aadhaar is authenticated, your fingerprint information is taken for that. Through which it is known that Aadhaar is yours, this proves your identity.
If you put a lock on your Aadhaar, then no one can use your Aadhaar anywhere without your permission. You will also not be able to use your Aadhaar if you have locked your card. In such a situation, if you need to authenticate the Aadhaar card to get a SIM without any place, then you have to unlock your locked Aadhaar first. Only then will you be able to use your Aadhaar.
You got to know how to lock and unlock your Aadhaar Card using the SMS service here. Many times our Aadhaar gets lost or stolen, so we should immediately put a lock on it. So that even if it is found by anyone, he cannot misuse it. As we told you that there are two main ways to lock Aadhaar, the first is via the website. It is necessary to have a smartphone and an internet connection for this.
While you can take advantage of SMS service on any smartphone or keypad mobile, it does not require internet. So, just lock your Aadhaar Card Number today and unlock it whenever it is needed. Share this information with others too so that they can protect their Aadhaar Cards. For more related posts, visit Janta Yojana.