digital desk, New Delhi. More than nine lakh beneficiaries have received the third dose of the COVID vaccine on the first day of a nationwide campaign to give booster shots to health workers, frontline workers and persons above the age of 60 years that began on Monday.
The Union Health Ministry on Monday said that more than 9 lakh doses were administered to the eligible age group today on the first day of giving booster shots for the identified categories of beneficiaries of COVID vaccination.
Earlier in the day, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya in a tweet said, “The program to give booster shots on the advice of doctors to healthcare and frontline workers and people of 60 plus age across the country begins today.”
In the same tweet, he said, the government under the leadership of PM Narendra Modi is committed to provide additional protection to healthcare and frontline workers on priority basis.
The COVIN portal sent more than one crore reminder messages to the beneficiaries on the first day to get the booster. The online booking of appointments for dosage through the Covin portal had started from Saturday. The ministry had clarified that there would be no need for fresh registration for the booster shot.
Overall, with the administration of over 82 lakh vaccine doses on Monday, India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 152.78 crore.
Stay Tuned to Janta Yojana for more Latest & Breaking Indian News.