How to switch from NPS to Old Pension Scheme: The Government of India has brought good news for the government employees. The central government has taken a big decision on the long-standing demand for the pension of central employees. Now under this big decision taken by the government,
The big decision is that the government employees who have joined the NPS (National Pension Scheme) have now been given an exemption to join the old pension scheme i.e. OPS (Old Pension Scheme). This change made is not less than a big gift for the government employees, because the employees had been demanding from NPS (National Pension Scheme) to OPS (Old Pension Scheme) for a long time.
Any NPS pensioner can now switch from NPS to Old Pension Scheme easily. If you also want to go from the National Pension System to the old pension scheme, then complete information is being given about it here, through which you will be able to take advantage of it easily.
National Pension Scheme NPS To Old Pension Scheme
The Government of India has taken a historic decision on the demand of central employees to change the long-standing National Pension System. According to the information released in the memorandum, the employees recruited before 01/01/2004, but were able to join the services on or after 01/01/2004 due to delay in the recruitment process, would also be included in it.
On this announcement, it has been told by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare that those Central Government employees whose appointment was completed before 01.01.2004 and those employees who joined the service after 01.01.2004, are now eligible for NPS (National Pension System). Instead, you can opt for the Old Pension Scheme (OPS) under the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972.
Conditions To Switch From NPS To Old Pension Scheme
Some conditions have been set to transfer from NPS (National Pension System) to OPS (Old Pension Scheme). Only after following these conditions, you will be able to participate in this process. The conditions for this are as follows –
- The result of the recruitment was announced before 01.2004. but the candidate was late to join due to delays like police verification, medical examination, etc, then he or she will be eligible.
- Apart from this, some candidates recruited through the normal selection process will be required to be appointed before 01.2004. If the appointments of other selected candidates are offered on or after 1.1.2004 due to administrative reasons or constraints, they can also join.
- Candidates who were disqualified on the basis of verification of documents such as medical fitness or character and ancestors, caste or income certificate before the declaration of the recruitment result before 01.2004, but on further review, they are considered suitable for appointment and if he is issued an official offer of appointment on or after 01.01.2004, he may also apply for the same.
How To Switch From NPS To Old Pension Scheme
To join OPS from NPS, you must have been appointed before 01.01.2004. And not only that, you have to apply for this application before 31st May 2020. To go from NPS (National Pension System) to OPS (Old Pension Scheme), follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, go to the official website http://nmops.org.in/.
- Now follow the given instructions and fill in the requested information correctly.
- Now upload the requested documents through the scan.
- Then, submit your application to finish the process
- Now take a printout of your application for future use.
Here we have given information about moving from the National Pension System to the Old Pension Scheme. If you have any questions or suggestions related to this post, then you can drop your thoughts in the comment box. We hope you found this information helpful. Stay connected with Janta Yojana to get more useful guides.