One Nation One Ration Card Scheme is a much-awaited and important scheme of the Central Government. On the implementation of this scheme, the ration cardholders of any state will be able to buy their share of the ration on subsidy from the same ration card in any state.
One Nation One Ration Card scheme was announced in June 2019 and states were given 1 year to prepare for it. At the time of the announcement of the self-reliant India campaign and economic package, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman has talked about implementing the One Ration Card Scheme in most of the states of the country by August 30 and across the country by March 2021.
The portability of the ration card is the main objective behind this scheme. We know that most Indians migrate to other states for livelihood and other reasons. Such people have difficulty in obtaining their ration from subsidy shops in other states. So, this scheme can be said as one of the useful schemes launched by the govt. of India.
What is One Nation One Ration Card Scheme?
Under the Food Security Act 2013, there are about 23 crore ration cards in the country. With the help of which about 80 crore people get government rations like food grains, rice, sugar, pulses, kerosene, flour, etc. These food supplies are distributed with subsidies from the government at very low rates.
For the distribution of government ration, the ration dealer appointed by the government in a particular area is responsible. At present, people can get ration only from the local ration dealer through the Public Distribution System (PDS) used.
You can also call One Nation One Ration Card Scheme as Ration Card Portability Scheme. It is just like mobile portability. Just as we can use a mobile number of any state anywhere in the whole country. In the same way, through the One Nation One Ration scheme, the ration card of any state will be valid and valid throughout the country.
After the implementation of the One Nation One Ration Card scheme, all cardholders will be able to buy their share of government ration in any part of the country with a subsidy.
Objective of One Nation One Ration Scheme
The main objective is to implement ration card portability, with the help of which arrangements can be made to buy ration from a single ration card across the country. After the implementation of this scheme, all ration cardholders will be able to buy their share of government ration in any part of the country with subsidy.
One Nation One Ration Scheme Overview
|Name of the scheme||One Nation One Ration Card|
|Department||Food Corporation of India|
|Launched by||Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Announced by||Budget Minister B. Rajendranath Reddy|
|Completion Target||March 2021|
|Beneficiaries||80 crore Indian ration cardholders|
|The objective of the scheme||Implementation of ration card portability across the country|
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme Explained In Detail
For example, let’s assume that Ram Prakash is a resident of Uttar Pradesh and he has a ration card of Uttar Pradesh only. Ram Prakash lives in Maharashtra to do wages, so in today’s situation, he cannot buy the ration in Maharashtra from his Uttar Pradesh ration card.
With the implementation of the One Nation One Ration scheme, it will be possible and Ram Prakash will be able to buy government ration in Maharashtra also through his Uttar Pradesh ration card.
The direct benefit of this scheme will be given to the poor, laborers, and common people of India. The government believes that having one nation one card will reduce corruption in ration distribution and people will be able to get ration material easily in any state of the country.
This One Ration Card Scheme will be technically implemented by creating a common system by combining Aadhar Card, Ration Card, and Public Distribution System
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme Update
- The scheme was launched in June 2019 and targeted to be implemented across the country by June 30, 2020.
- So far, the facility of ration card portability has been implemented under the One Nation One Ration Card Scheme in 17 states and union territories of the country. These states are Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Telangana, Tripura, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Dadra Nagar Haveli, and Daman-Dweep.
- By June 30, the one nation one ration card scheme is likely to be fully implemented in the other three states of Odisha, Nagaland, and Mizoram.
- According to the Finance Minister, by August 2020, about 83% of the ration cardholders of the country will join this scheme.
- A target has been set to implement 100% ration card portability across the country by 30 March 2021.
Benefits of One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- With the integrated management of the PDS system, tracking and delivery of ration will be done in a better way.
- It will become easier for migrant laborers and people living far from their native residence to get ration.
- With the linking of Aadhar cards and ration cards, the generation of duplicate and fake ration cards will stop.
- There will be transparency in ration distribution and corruption will be reduced.
- Ration cardholders will have less dependence on their ration dealer, which will reduce corruption among ration distributors.
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme Apply Online
If you do not already have a ration card, then you can apply for a new ration card. To get the ration card made for all the states, check the ration cardholders list on the nfsa.gov.in website.
In the future it may happen that uniform ration cards should be made all over the country and arrangements should be made to apply for them. If any information related to the Ration Card Scheme Online Apply comes from the government, then we will update it here.
We hope you got the complete information regarding the One Nation One Ration Card scheme. Under the implementation of this scheme, now you can use your ration card anywhere across the country. No application is required for this. As long as you have a ration card linked with your Aadhar card, it is enough to benefit from this scheme. If you have any questions related to this scheme, feel free to ask us in the comments. Keep visiting our website at Janta Yojana for more useful guides and notifications.