Do you want to know how to enable two-step verification in Gmail? If yes, then this post will help you out. I have come up with the best and simplest guide to enable or set up two-step verification on Gmail.
Nowadays everyone has an email account and most people use a Gmail account for email and we use the same email id to create an account on Facebook, Twitter, and other websites. So it becomes very important that your Gmail account is very secure and no one can access or hack easily.
Therefore, a 2-step verification must be set up in your Gmail account. So, today we will learn how to enable two-step verification or two-factor verification in Gmail account successfully.
What is Two-Step Verification in Gmail?
When we create our account and then sign in to it, then just type our password, it is called 1 step verification i.e. only a single layer of account security. If you have 2 step verification enabled in your Gmail account then first, you have to enter the password. After that, you also have to enter an OTP (one-time password or one-time pin) that comes on your mobile. This is called 2-step verification i.e. double-layer security.
Two-step verification is the best way to prevent unauthorized access to your account, even if someone knows your password, they cannot log in to your account. So let’s know how you can enable two-step verification in your Google Gmail account.
How to Enable Two-Step Verification in Gmail Step-by-Step
- Firstly, you have to go to the Google 2-Step Verification page on https://www.google.com/landing/2step.
- Now, on the homepage, click on the Get Started button and click on Sign in.
- You will be asked for your email id and password. If you are already logged in to Gmail then you will be asked for a password only. Login by entering your details correctly.
- Now, find the “2-Step Verification” option and click on it.
- Click on the Start Setup button. If you are asked for the password again, enter the password.
- Now you have come to the 2-Step Verification page. Now you have to enter the mobile number which is active with you i.e. on which you want to ask for an OTP code. After entering the number, click on Send.
- You have to type OTP here which has been sent on your mobile now. Check the message on your mobile, there you will get OTP and type it here and click on Next.
- Now all you have to do is click on TURN ON.
Congratulations! 2 step verification has been enabled or turned on in your account. Now, whenever you open your account you will have to type the OTP after the password which will be sent to your mobile number.
I hope you liked this post. Every Gmail user should enable 2-step verification on his or her account so that the personal data is secure and safe. Follow the steps available here and enable two-step verification in Gmail today. If you have any questions or doubts related to this post then comment below and share this post with your friends. Stay connected with Janta Yojana to get more useful guides.