UP Prepaid Smart Meter Yojana: In the budget presented by the Finance Minister, he has talked about implementing many schemes to solve the problems of the people. Similarly, the Government of India has implemented a prepaid meter plan. To start this scheme, Energy Minister Shrikant Sharma was preparing to install prepaid smart meters in Uttar Pradesh from November 15.
With the announcement of the Uttar Pradesh Prepaid Smart Meter Plan, he said, “The auspicious beginning of installing prepaid smart meters will be done from the homes of government officers and ministers”. With this, he said, “We want the people of the state to get cheap electricity .” The record of government officials, public representatives, and ministers in submitting electricity bills is not correct.
With the introduction of the Prepaid Smart Meter scheme, electricity theft will also be stopped. Shrikant Ji said that orders for one lakh prepaid smart meters have been placed. What actually is a “Prepaid Smart Meter” Plan? If you want to know about prepaid smart meter plans, then here will get the details here. Know what is prepaid smart meter plan and how it works.
UP Prepaid Smart Meter Yojana
Prepaid Smart Meter Scheme is one such scheme that is used to stop the theft of electricity. According to the data of the electricity department, the electricity department still has Rs 13,000 crore to be paid. To meet this outstanding amount, the electricity department had asked to pay in installments, but it did not have any effect.
After some time the electricity theft of 15 crore rupees was first caught, after which the scheme was implemented. Under this scheme, first of all, 1 lakh smart prepaid meters will be installed in the homes of all the people. At the same time, since the launch of this scheme, about 7 lakh smart prepaid meters have been installed in the entire state and now by 2022, meters will be installed in the homes of all the customers across the state.
Objectives of Prepaid Smart Meter Plan
- With the installation of prepaid smart meters, the electricity department will get information about electricity theft immediately. Therefore, its main objective is to prevent the theft of electricity.
- After installing prepaid smart meters, people have to first recharge them according to their need to use electricity, only after which you will be able to use electricity.
- After the installation of this meter, electricity rates can be reduced in the coming time, due to which people will start getting cheap electricity.
- This prepaid smart meter will prove to be very good for consumption in electricity distribution also.
UP Government Distributes 50 lakh Smart Meters
- 04 lakh smart meters will be installed in 12 cities of Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (MVVNL) namely Khanau, Bareilly, Faizabad, Shahjahanpur, Barabanki, Rae Bareilly, Lakhimpur, Bahraich, Gonda, Sultanpur, Hardoi, and Unnao.
- Name of 10 cities of Purvanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (PVVNL) where meters will be installed. For example, 47 lakh smart meters will be installed in Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Allahabad, Maunath Bhanjan, Fatehpur, Azamgarh, Mirzapur, Mughalsarai, and Jaunpur.
- The names of 15 cities of Paschimchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd. will be 63 lakh smart meters in Meerut, Saharanpur, Moradabad, Hapur, Loni, Bulandshahr, Sikandrabad, Rampur, Muzaffarnagar, Modinagar, Muradnagar, Khurja, Amroha, Sambhal, and Gajraula.
- A provision has been made to install 57 lakh smart meters in Kisco Kanpur.
- Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd. 29 lakh smart meters will be installed in the nine cities of Mathura, Aligarh, Jhansi, Mainpuri, Firozabad, Vrindavan, Etawah, Farrukhabad, and Orai.
How Prepaid Smart Meter Works
The prepayment meter billing can be done for prepaid, postpaid, and solar electricity supplies. It works as a technique so that the officials of the electricity department can easily find out about the theft of electricity.
We hope you got to know everything about the Prepaid Smart Meter plan here. Prepayment smart meter plan is going to be implemented in all states of the country very soon. If you have any kind of questions related to this information, then you can ask through the comment box. Keep visiting Janta Yojana for more useful guides.