Today is the second day of weekend curfew in Delhi. Today is also the festival of Sikhs, Prakash Parv. Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) has issued an order in view of Prakash Parv amid weekend curfew. According to this, devotees will be able to go to the Gurudwara for darshan, although during this time they will have to follow all the guidelines of Corona. Let us inform that the weekend curfew issued from 10 pm on Friday night will continue till 5 am on Monday. It has been said in the order that religious places could open now but devotees were not allowed to go there, but on January 9, the devotees would be able to visit the Gurdwara on the day of Prakash Parv, which is celebrated on the birth anniversary of 10th Guru Gobind Singh of the Sikhs.
Earlier, on the first day of the weekend curfew, the police kept a strict guard on the squares and streets of Delhi from the night itself. Questions and answers were given to every visitor. Action was also taken against some people. Along with this, an appeal was made by the Delhi Police to the people that unless there is an emergency, do not leave the house at all. Strict police guard continued from Saturday morning till late night. Sunday morning is the second day of the weekend curfew. Even today, strictness continues on the roads of Delhi.
More than 20 thousand new cases in last 24 hours
Corona is continuously breaking records in Delhi. In the last 24 hours, 20 thousand 181 new cases of corona have been reported in the national capital, while on Friday this figure was 17,335. At the same time, the positivity rate has also increased. The positivity rate of Corona in Delhi has increased to 19.60 percent, which was 17.73 percent on Friday. At the same time, 7 corona patients have also died in Delhi in the last 24 hours. After the arrival of new patients, the number of active corona patients has crossed 48 thousand.
DDMA meeting will be held on Monday
In view of the increasing threat of corona in Delhi, the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDM) will meet on Monday. In view of the circumstances of Corona in the meeting, some more tough decisions can be taken. Earlier on Tuesday, a meeting of DDMA was held in which it was announced to impose weekend curfew. During the weekend curfew, everything will remain closed till 5 am on Monday except those involved in essential services and essential goods.
The Delhi government has given permission to some people involved in the supply of essential goods and services during the weekend curfew to come out after showing their valid identity card, but those who have any emergency work during these two days, they can go to the DM office of Delhi. Passes can be issued by applying. For application, one has to apply on the website of Delhi Government www.delhi.gov.in.
E-PASS will have to be issued to them
Apart from this, e-pass will be issued for private workers providing services like electrician, carpenter, water supply.
Newspaper hawkers, IT service and bank employees will also have to take permission from the DM office for curfew days.
Suppliers of fruits and vegetables, milk, medicines and medical equipment will also have to get e-pass issued from the concerned DM office.
At the same time, no concession has been given on weekends for the people working in the houses (cook, gardener, safaiwala etc.). The Health Minister of Delhi has made it clear that during the weekend curfew, people can manage even without workmen for two days.
List of exempted people during weekend curfew in Delhi
1. Officers and employees involved in essential and emergency services will be exempted from weekend and night curfew on showing their valid ID during the curfew.
2. Officers of the Government of India, its subordinate offices and PSUs will also be able to travel on showing their ID cards.
3. Staff members of Supreme Court, High Court and all courts of Delhi as well as lawyers will be able to leave by showing their valid ID or permission letter issued by the court administration.
4. Officers and employees serving in the offices of diplomats of other countries in Delhi will also be exempted.
5. All health workers such as doctors, nursing staff, paramedics and staff associated with other hospital services such as diagnostic centres, labs, clinics, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, medical oxygen suppliers will be allowed to leave on showing ID cards.
6. On the basis of valid identity card and doctor’s prescription, attendees as well as pregnant women and other patients will be allowed to attend health services.
7. Those going for COVID-19 test or vaccination will also be allowed to exit on presenting ID card.
8. Passengers arriving or departing from airports, railway stations, inter-state bus terminus are allowed to travel on production of tickets.
9. Media personnel of electronic and print media will be allowed to move on production of valid ID cards.
10. Students will be allowed to appear in the examination and show the identity, admit card to the staff deployed for examination duty.
11. On showing the soft or hard copy of the marriage card, 20 persons will be allowed to move for the marriage ceremony.
read this also
Stay Tuned to Janta Yojana for more Latest & Breaking Delhi News.