YSR Bima is one of the latest welfare and insurance schemes that came in the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. If you are a citizen of Andhra Pradesh, then you will be glad to know about this scheme. You can also enroll for the YSR Bima today and get insurance to help your family in the future.
YSR Bima is a type of insurance scheme launched by the government of Andhra Pradesh. This is a state-level insurance scheme that is available for all the unorganized sector workers. The main objective of this scheme is to help the unorganized workers by paying insurance amounts in case of death or disability. If the family bread earner dies naturally or accidentally or becomes disabled partially or completely, YSR Bima will help.
Accidents and deaths are common in every part of the world equally. You may have also seen that a lot of unorganized workers or laborers become victims of accidents at workplaces. Even if a natural death occurs, the family of that person becomes totally supportless. For such people, this state government scheme YSR Bima came into existence.
YSR Bima Full Details
YSR Bima is introduced by the state government of Andhra Pradesh for the unorganized sector category. Any person who is an unorganized worker and earns less than Rs.15,000 per month is eligible. The range of the beneficiary age is from 18 to 70 years old. The beneficiary must enroll online for the insurance to receive the insurance amount. The nominee of the application will receive the amount sanctioned by the YSR Bima scheme. With a budget of Rs.510 crores for the scheme, the insurance is going to benefit 1.41 crore people.
According to the All India statistics, Andhra Pradesh is one of the states with the largest number of accidents. When the main breadwinner of a family dies of an accident or faces a disability, surviving becomes difficult. Even if the person dies of natural death, the family depending on him becomes supportless. Therefore, the AP state govt. came up with this scheme under State Accident Death and Disability department. The insurance money is provided by the SADD, Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana, and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
Overview Of YSR Bheema Scheme
|Name of the scheme||YSR Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Category||State Government Insurance Scheme|
|Objective||To provide insurance benefits to the workers of the unorganized sector|
|Beneficiaries||Unorganized workers of Andhra Pradesh|
|Insurance Amount||Ranges from Rs.1.5 lakh to Rs.5 lakh|
Insurance Premium Details
The only thing that you have to spend for this scheme is Rs.15 per year. From the given bank account in the application, a sum of Rs.15 will cut every year.
Objective Of YSR Bima
The main objective of the YSR Bima scheme is to provide insurance to the person or his family in case of accident or death. Since a lot of people become helpless after the breadwinner’s death or disability, this scheme will help them. A person of age from 18 to 70 will receive the insurance money if he becomes partially or completely disabled. If the person dies of an accident or due to natural causes, the money will go to the nominee. The person’s two children will also receive scholarships every year.
Insurance Coverage Under YSR Bima Scheme
This the insurance coverage provided by the YSR Bima scheme for the beneficiaries. Within two days of the death, an amount of Rs.5,000 will be credited. After that, the remaining amount will be given within 15 days of the claim. Besides the insurance, two of the children of the beneficiary will receive scholarships who are studying 9th, 10th, Intermediate, or ITI.
|Age Group||Insurance Amount||Case||Scholarship|
|18 to 50||Rs. 5 Lakh||Permanent Disability or Accidental Death||Rs. 1,200|
|51 to 70||Rs. 3 Lakh||Permanent Disability or Accidental Death||Rs. 1,200|
|18 to 50||Rs. 2 Lakh||Natural Death||Rs. 1,200|
|18 to 70||Rs. 1.5 Lakh||Partial Disability||Rs. 1,200|
Features Of YSR Bima
The YS Rajashekhar Reddy Death and Disability Insurance Scheme provides the following features to the beneficiaries.
- All unorganized workers in the Andhra Pradesh state from the age group of 18 to 70 years are eligible.
- The workers will be registered under the Unorganised Workers Social Security Act, 2008. Then they are enrolled as eligible applicants under the scheme.
- The SERP department holds the responsibility of entering, maintaining the total database and hard copies.
- The Assistant Labour Officer of the Labour Department will hold the Registering Authority for the scheme.
- All the enrolled beneficiaries will become members of the following schemes:
- State Accident Death and Disability Scheme
- Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY)
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
Below are the eligibility criteria for the AP YSR insurance scheme. You must be fulfilling the following conditions to enroll on the YSR Bheema site.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- If you are from an unorganized working sector, then only you can enroll in the scheme.
- The age of the applicant should range from 18 to 70 years only.
- You are eligible for the scheme only if your monthly income is less than Rs.15,000.
- The applicant should be enrolled under Praja Sadhikaara Survey.
- A White Ration Card or any other BPL card is necessary for the scheme.
These are the necessary documents for applying for the AP YSR Bima online.
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Residence certificate
- Income certificate(less than Rs.1,80,000)
- Bank account details
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
For applying for the insurance scheme, you must choose a nominee for your insurance. These are the only people who are eligible to become nominees for your application.
- Wife of the beneficiary
- Dependent Parents
- Son whose age is 21 or above
- Unmarried daughter
- Widowed daughter
- Widowed daughter in law or her children
AP YSR Bima Registration Procedure
If you want to apply for insurance, firstly, make sure you are eligible. Then, gather all the required documents. It may take a week or less to get an income certificate after applying for it in a meeseva. Follow the simple steps or instructions that we have given below to enroll in the YSR Bima scheme successfully.
- Visit the Labour Department of Andhra Pradesh which is nearest to your region or area.
- Submit your application to the Commissioner of Labour for stating you as an unorganized worker.
- Then, give your documents and register for the YSR Bima insurance.
- Once you apply for this scheme, you don’t have to apply again for AABY and PMSBY.
- Every year, your account will be debited with Rs.15.
How To Make Complaints On YSR Bima
If you have any complaint regarding your claim or any other problem related to the scheme, follow these steps.
- Visit the official YSR Bima website on bima.ap.gov.in.
- Now, click on the “Grievance” tab to go to the next page.
- Here, select any of the options given below.
- Claim code
- Mobile Number
- Ration Card
- Enter the associated number or your name and submit the details.
- Then, click on the “Search” button.
YSR Bima Department Login
If you want to do the department login on the YSR Insurance website, you can follow these steps.
- Firstly, open your PC or smartphone and visit the official site on bima.ap.gov.in.
- Click on the “Login” tab at the top right of the portal.
- Enter your bank account number or username and password.
- Then, click on the “Log In” button to access your account successfully.
How To Check YSR Bima Reports
The reports in the scheme refer to the different categories of claims under the scheme. You can always check the scheme reports online on the official website whenever you want.
- Firstly, open your PC or smartphone and visit the official site on bima.ap.gov.in.
- Click on the “Reports” tab on the home page of the YSR insurance scheme.
- Select the type of report since there are four types of reports available.
- R1 is for the claim report
- R2 is for other reports
- R3 is for scholarship report
- R4 proceedings
YSR Bima Toll-Free Number
This is the toll-free number to contact in case of any help: 155214. If you have any doubts about the scheme, just make a call and talk to the helpline support.
YSR Bima is a type of insurance scheme launched by the government of Andhra Pradesh. If a person dies of an accident or natural death or becomes disabled partially or completely, the scheme provides him or her financial support. The insurance coverage of YSR Bima ranges from Rs.1.5 lakh to Rs.5 lakh with a scholarship of Rs.1200 per child for two. We hope you got to know the YSR Bima full details in this article. To get more useful guides, visit Janta Yojana.